A Russian woman is facing tough criticism after her cat, who was died pink, died from blood poisoning after licking the dye off of its fur.
Rather than wash the dye off of the kitten following the party, Lenina left the kitten “as is,” and the poor kitty spent the next few months licking the pink dye from its fur. It died a slow, and possibly painful, death.
Lenina is defending herself, claiming her veterinarian told her
“The pink colour was chosen especially for its healing properties and also strengthens the cat’s hair. My vet told me it was a beneficial addition to him.”
After its death, the kitten was examined by another vet, who says the cause of death was blood poisoning from ingesting a toxic substance.
Lenina is defending herself, saying she loved her kitten and didn’t do anything to purposely harm her pet.
Many of Lenina’s friends have condemned her for the publicity stunt, including artist Yuri Kuklachev, who called the publicity stunt “pointless and cruel.”
Several thousand people have already signed a petition started, asking the governor police to investigate Lenina and bring about possible animal cruelty charges can be found here.