A 4-year-old boy in Kentucky has died after ingesting cinnamon powder after he climbed kitchen counters to reach the small container, Fox Carolina News reported June 6.
“He was completely healthy – no problem. He started choking. It was like he was having a seizure and just collapsed.”
Matthew was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead an hour and a half later. Brianna donated his organs, with the hope other lives can be saved.
There’s a big problem among teens who are participating in a social media stunt known as the “cinnamon challenge” where teens will attempt to swallow a tablespoon of cinnamon powder without water and post the video online. Many can be seen choking on the powder when they are unable to complete the challenge.
Brianna Radar has some advice for teens who are taking the cinnamon challenge.
“Cinnamon can kill. All these kids, they don’t think about the fact it can hurt them.”
Please share Matthew’s story with friends and family. This one is important, not just for those with curious children, but with teens who are into posting challenge videos on social media. It could save a life.